Sunday, September 25

Nanoites

I was reading Angela's blog and read the words 'Gypsy Forest', and it really caught my eye.  So much, that I started a file called 'Nano Idea's', and my plan is to just write down words and thoughts that catch my eye and when November happens, pick an already started story or writing one from scratch.

I'm a lousy planner, really am.  I can't get anyplace on time... I'm either early or late.  I say to myself, 'I'll shower at 11... Head out around 12... That'll work.' Next thing I know, I'm showering at 12:30 and getting out at 1:30 and miss out on the shopping I'd planned on doing and arriving at my friends about 2:30, I buy a super late lunch and arrive at 2:15 and wait in the car 20 minutes.

That is just an example... Sometimes I get out on time, and mismanage while I'm out... Or I can't even get ready on time and end up mismanaging at home.

Last year for Nano... I started with:

Time Traveling Killer...
Steampunk...
Joakim is the Hero.

Managed to make a 50,000 word novel out of that.

So... I'm leaning a little more toward just... Having a list again and making it work.  Seems to do well for me.

4 comments:

  1. I think that's some of the fun of Nano. It's such a rush of craziness that you can occasionally make just a few words or a short list into an entire story.

    I'm actually going to be doing lots of planning in October to be ready for November, but this is not my normal habit nor do I expect all of my plans to hold all month long. I'm working on decade-old idea which I've done lots of random work on here and there already, so I actually need to bring it together and decided what concepts I'm keeping before I start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Nano because of the craziness and the rush and the heady excitement of starting a new project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your ideas! A 1920's hotel and a seer (plus Gypsy Forest)? I would love to see what you can come up with when NaNoWriMo starts! Buddy me!

    I'm also sorry, again, the the critique is late! I'm also a lousy planner, you know? I crammed all of my things to do at the end of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for popping by the blog with your kind comment.

    ReplyDelete