Sunday, January 4

Inspiring Music

Having finished Reckless Magic, I've started reading The Hobbit again.

Already, the differences are massive and while I still love the movies [they are, what they are] the book is winning me over.

Oddly, one of the bigger disappointments was that the longer version of Mist Mountains by Peter Hollens, still isn't the song from the book. I thought 'Oh, I'll listen to it, while I read it.' and then it all went whacky.

On the plus side, I found this gem in the song and I swear.. I read it over and over again, feeling it draw me into those four lines, until I was sharing it anyplace I could.

"On silver necklaces they strung
The flowering stars, on crowns they hung
The dragon-fire, in twisted wire
They meshed the light of moon and sun."
J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit, Misty Mountain, 5th verse

When I read on a bit more, I knew that a dream of mine would now be to design jewelry that could some how make a Dwarf proud, and a Hobbit's Took side come out in a desire to seek the treasure.

Kristy C

No comments:

Post a Comment