Saturday, January 3

Review: Reckless Magic by Rachel Higginson

Reckless Magic by Rachel Higginson

This was another of my free books that I picked up from iBooks.  A ‘book 1’ in a series.  I hadn’t been sure which to read, so a friend told me to assign a number to each of the books, and she’d pick one.

In some ways, the book was hard to follow at first.  It pulled me in, but there were spots where I was left confused. But, since the main characters is telling the story, it makes sense… She’s just as confused as we are.

More than once, I guessed at things pointed out later, or in once case the author tells you something that seems to be forgotten by the character.  Sure, excitement happens a moment later [and lasts for hours non stop], but it was sorta an important tidbit.  In some ways, I wish it had been said differently, so we the reader weren’t fully away of how special a snowflake our MC is.

All in all, there was only one moment where I did in fact groan.  During a sappy, teenager, confession of love.  It was so ’Twilight, I can’t live without you, spending a day away from you hurts, don’t ever leave my side again’ declaration, that I skipped it. All two paragraphs of it.

No regrets on this book however, and its sitting in my ‘To be continued’ folder to buy book two at a later date.

Rating? 3.5 outta 5 stars. You only get higher, if I adore it and lower if I almost couldn't finish it.

My next read is The Hobbit, which will start off my 2015 Reading Challenge.


Kristy C

No comments:

Post a Comment