Wednesday, November 12

Day 11 of NaNo, or the day I won a CinnaBon from myself..

41,000!!!!!

My goal was 40,000.. But then I got home and decided I wanted to sweeten the pot a bit more, and work on the part I didn't want to mess with.

Normalish life.

Its more fun to write about the epic battles they face, but even stories need a shot of the mundane.  And even then, its not mundane.  The characters are people, who live two lives.

For heavens sake, my MC is a 16 year old girl, who's graduating high school that year, never dated and doesn't have a lot of friends.  Her twin brother skipped 3 grades, and is in college already.  Now she's got a job as a hero for the city, on top of all the other things.

Her life is going to be a hell of a lot more than just 'We fought this bad guy/monster, we won.  We fought this one, it was a long battle, but we won.'  She's got homework, family life, other students and even a boyfriend, to deal with.  [that's a new addition.]

So while I don't want to write about it [its mundane compared to the other things], its vital.  So I got them into the date, out of the house and snuggled on a loveseat at a cafe.

I hit 41k, so I went to bed.

Oddly, its just as draining to write the epic battles, as it is to write the mundane.  While I enjoy the former more, it leaves me tired and out of it.

My goal, is to finish this by the end of the week.  If I can keep it up, its 9k away, it'll happen.  ^^  I have high hopes.

Kristy C

No comments:

Post a Comment