Tuesday, October 28

Feeling Accomplished

So, this weekend I got to feel all professional and like I've arrived somehow.  While vending at a con, I was put onto three writing panels.  [Character Development, Female Creators and Tips for Aspiring Writers]

Not only was it interesting to be on the other side of the table, but it was a bit of a shock to have someone come up after and ask for advice... And others still find me at my booth and chat with me.

Somehow, it feels like in the last year something broke inside me and I've been able to grow more than I'd thought I could.

Looking back over the years, I know where a lot of it started and also when everything started to crumble.  But even knowing these things, having those moments where you see the growth in yourself... Its strange and wonderful at the same time.

As I've said in the past, last year my car with all of my jewelry [ok, minus about 20-30 pieces, but still.], my display... Pretty much everything was stolen.  I got the car back, but not much else.  It left me heartbroken and thinking I should have just given up.

But my friends encouraged me and I stuck with it.  I reimagined my display and my presentation of the jewelry.  I started, and have kept, an inventory with accurate pricing.  My photos are more professional and I'm striving to keep my etsy story up to date.

And ya know what?

In less than a year, I was back on my feet and moving forward.  My stock is at the same place it was before the theft, my etsy stores up and mostly running... And I've taken several big jumps at trying to make it in the world.

So whatever happened to me, it all started with the theft and all that thing forced me to do.

Nothing could make me trade the jewelry for this change in myself and everything, but at the same time... Not sure I'd give up the results.

Kristy C

No comments:

Post a Comment