Wednesday, June 10

Hectic Live

In my last post I alluded to life being a bit over whelming for me lately.  Let me explain why.

The 20th my dad texted me to come home, he needed me for something. When I got there, he said he was having some chest pains and wanted to go to the ER. He kept saying he thought it was heartburn, but the 'numbers', if you will, didn't add up.

Why? He described his left hand as feeling kinda numb and things like that. In the ER, they said that if he left, he would be doing so against doctors orders. Late the next day, he was moved to another hospital. Around the 24th, he was finally informed that he'd had a heart attack. It was bad enough that he'd have to stay in, but not so bad that he'd get emergency surgery.

On the 27th, he had triple bypass surgery.

Needless to say, I was a bundle of nerves during that whole time. Not to say I fell apart. Far from it. I managed to held up as best I could, when you consider that I was facing a possibility of losing my second parent, in less than five years.

June 1st, he came home. He's been weak and tires easily, but that's nothing new. They did cut him open in several places, stop his heart and stick tubes into him everywhere.

There have also been some money issues, and the WiFi at home is currently down. Being a WiFi addict, this is not good. I require daily does of it to survive. Thank god for Library's and Starbucks.

Anywho, that's where I'm at right now. Money is tight, but we're taking care of what we need over what we want. I try and get out of the house for a few hours every day, so I don't kill one of us. Even before the wifi went down.

We're surviving and doing the best we can right now. People out there have it worse than we do, and some have it better. For now, just doing what we can.

Kristy C

No comments:

Post a Comment