Monday, June 18

Review: Troll or Derby by Red Tash

Troll Or DerbyTroll Or Derby by Red Tash
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Wow... Its been a while since books have yanked me in so far, that I almost have to pull myself back into the real world. Between Lady of the Veils and Troll or Derby, I've been reminded of why the very idea of Urban Fantasy, by my definition, appeals to me.

The reader is in for a unique, one of a kind trip out of the world we know and into a world filled with variations of the fairy world we all know and love. The trip Red Tash takes the reader on is fast paced and filled with action. Each switch between Deb and Harlow leaves you wanting to know more of what you'd left, before trapping you in where you're going. While different, I enjoyed the approach of switching back and forth, as the first person view gives you insight into both of these interesting characters that wouldn't be possible in any other writing style.

I picked up the book last night and started it this morning in bed. Each time I put it down was only because I had to be pulled to other things, literally forcing me to put the book down. Being out and about didn't stop me however from finishing it up when I could.

To say I enjoyed the book is putting it lightly. I truly loved this story.

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your support! I'm glad you LOVED it. I'm dying to write the next, but I've got to make a little more headway on my current WIP, first. Whew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is there a second book in your head then? Because, part of me would LOVE more.

      Delete