Monday, October 10

Why I Write, Pt. 2

I had to run an errand this morning, which is code for pulling on enough clothes to get by and stumbling out.  While I normally avoid the radio, when I need to be awake I'll put it on a local morning show.  While listening, a commercial came on that made me grin like an idiot.


Radio Commercial: Ever wish you wore a cape and could jump buildings in a single bound?
Me: Yes
RC: Ever wish you were a pirate, sailing the seven seas?
Me: YES
RC: Ever wish you were at magic school, honing you powers?
Me: Yes!!  ~to my self~ Whaaaat? I have an active imagination!!


How many out there, would have responded in the same way?  I mean, really?  We're writers for a reason.  Our imaginations are open and active, and we have pictured ourselves doing things beyond our control.


Did you ever read a book and lose yourself in it?  Or perhaps your more like myself... I used to picture myself in the story that happens after the book ends.  No wonder FanFiction was my first try in writing.

2 comments:

  1. I have often put myself in the story that came after or before (or whatever). A good story keeps going in your mind. And what?? They didn't ask if you ever wished you could be a gunslinger in the wild, wild west??

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, they didn't. I know, very odd.

    ReplyDelete